Sunday 28 June 2009

Hong Wen Meetup

I was initially surprised to find one of my primary school classmates a few weeks back when she came to book a tour in my dad's office. After saving each other's contact, I got a message that the class was gonna go for a class gathering.

I wasn't much prepared for going to the trip as I had just returned from camp, but it sure was a good feeling to see some old friends once again. Having said that, it's truly many years since I even see one of them (I only saw a few by chance, but we didn't exactly hang around much). It felt almost as if the whole class was there, though I know too that there were a few who weren't there and probably lost contact too.

We went to the Central @ Clarke Quay yesterday night, spending some time taking a few photos and dinner (to be honest, I haven't gone for a dinner with friends and not family for a loooooong time, so I kept looking at my phone for any calls from my parents..) Had a jap ala carte at Waruku restaurant while spending most of the time catching up with the rest. In fact, I nearly forgot some of them until I heard them calling each others' name. Some I hadn't recognise initially because of some change in hairstyle, etc. Others I had truly forgotten, until someone mentioned their names. However, I could remember at least half of them :D

Most of the guys back there are still studying, be it poly or JC. A few of them, like me, are now serving in the army, and it was an interesting experience learning about how other units are operating (for security reasons I will not elaborate anything here). For the gals, they are either waiting to step into uni life, or doing other things.

After dinner, we hung around and wandered without direction for half an hour or so XD Because of my parents wanting me to go back asap to watch over the house, I decided to leave the group at 930, along with one of the friends. Despite my early departure, I felt rather elated at having this meetup and I daresay I'm looking forward to another one, though not too soon haha.

No comments: