Thursday 5 July 2007

Uploading the first story I ever wrote

I will be typing out the first short story I wrote last year, when I was dying of boredom during lessons which are too easy to grasp, that I have lots of spare time in my final year in Secondary school. It has been re-edited by a few of my friends who, like me, have a passion for composing essays in our English lessons. Strangely, I've always been weak in my comprehension, but tend to score well for essays. Just a bonus fact. This story never made its way to people other than my classmates and my close friends, because I felt that anyone could simply write a similar story and be proud of themselves for such an accomplishment. However, I did receive positive comments for it, so I'm dedicating this story onto another site, which will be linked from here as soon as I complete it.

The story title was first named "The Orb of the Sacred Flames", and later renamed as the "The Orb Chronicles 1-The Orb of the Sacred Flames", because before I finished writing the first story, I had ideas for its next episode and began a whole new story, but retained a few characters from its prequel, and more places. The second episode is nearing its final chapter, but due to the load of school work I have, it is not yet completed. If the story is truly good, then I will begin a concluding episode to make the Chronicles a trilogy.

A short summary of what I've written, just to give you some ideas and hopefully spark your interest in it. I agree with my friends, though, that unless you are interested in things like RPG games, or fantasy stories, you may just be in for a small time lesson of the art of medieval warfare.

The story starts off with its main character Farador, a mage trained under a member of a group of skilled warriors called the Order of the Holy Guards, named so as they are dedicated to the defence of their kingdom of Rigwald. The story progresses as a banished horde of demonic forces made their way back into the continent and attempted to destroy the kingdom as well as its allies in their wake, and according to a prophecy made a long time ago, the Orb of the Sacred Flames may stop the forthcoming doom. Farador was made the Orb-seeker by his king, to find the Orb with his retinue of expert warriors and mages, alongside the allies of Elves and Dwarves and Gripphons. As they used stealth and discretion to find the Orb, the enemy has also revealed themselves to be finding it as well for their own infarious plans. And by assembling an army, the demons might prevail by besieging the kingdoms of Humans and their allies. Will Farador succeed in his quest? Find out in the first installment- to be uploaded soon.

If anyone is looooooking forward to this, please wait a while longer. (It's about 9 chapters long)

Once again, I must warn:

All characters and places used in this story are purely fictionious. Any resemblance to other people, dead or alive, are purely coincidental.

WARNING:This story is written by Will H, and shall not be copied, modified or distributed through any means or passed as your own. Any similar actions will not be tolerated.

No comments: